Saturday 9 July 2016

HELP! I AM A SEX ADDICT - 7 (How to break free from sexual immorality)



What This Means To Us

“For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died;” 2 Corinthians 5:14 (New King James Version)
“The love of Christ controls us, because we know that One died for all, so all have died.” (New Century Version)
Note the phrase ‘we judge thus’ and ‘we know’. This understanding must dawn on us because this is the truth that sets free from any addiction or sin.
Who is this man that died for all? Answering this will not really be a problem because majority of us know it was Jesus Christ of Nazareth. But the issue is Christ was not the only One that died on that day. We all died too. His death was also our death. Hallelujah!!! Paul says this must become a knowing to us. That the day Christ died, something in me died with Him.
“I was put to death on the cross with Christ, and I do not live anymore — it is Christ who lives in me. I still live in my body, but I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself to save me.” Galatians 2:20 (New Century Version)
This is why Paul made this statement- I was put to death on the cross with Christ and I do not live anymore. It was not only Paul, I, Femi was also put to death on the cross with Christ and this also applies to you too. I don’t have a life anymore, Christ lives in me.
What Was It That Was Put To Death With Christ
“We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin.” Romans 6:6 (New Living Translation)
“And those who are Christ's have put to death on the cross the flesh with its passions and its evil desires.” Galatians 5:24(Bible in Basic English)

The nature of sin has been dealt with so sin can’t control us any longer. I love the way The Message put Romans 6:2-3
“I should hope not! If we've left the country where sin is sovereign, how can we still live in our old house there? Or didn't you realize we packed up and left there for good? That is what happened in baptism. When we went under the water, we left the old country of sin behind; when we came up out of the water, we entered into the new country of grace — a new life in a new land!”
I used to stay in Lagos few years back, I was living in NO 92 Ibadan Street Ebute-Metta, Lagos state, Nigeria but I live presently in Rumuodomaya area of Port Harcourt, Rivers state. Is it possible for me to live in my old house in Lagos while staying in Port Harcourt? Certainly no.

Flesh is the man responsible for us sinning even when we don’t want to. As long as flesh is alive we are under the yoke of sin, we are at the beck and call of sin even when we don’t want.  But what Jesus did on the cross was to go for the jugular of Mr. Flesh. As long as the Man has been dealt with, its product has lost its grip on us.

“Now the works of the FLESH are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness… and things like these; of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” Galatians 5:19 -21 (Modern King James Version)

Adultery, fornication, lust, sexual sins are all works of the flesh, you cannot deal successful with sexual sin without eradicating the flesh. Remember to clear the cobweb you must kill the spider!!! This is what Jesus did on the cross, He dealt with flesh once and for all and all you need to do is to know this truth and walk in it. Flesh is no longer being dealt with, it has been killed on the cross.

“We know that sin doesn't have power over dead people.” Romans 6:7CEV

The death of the sin nature in us is the end of the control that sin has over us. It is now left for us not to allow sin to exercise control over us because the truth is it does not have what it takes any longer. That is why most of the Scriptures that talk about our dominance over the control of sin start with ‘knowing that…’ Read Roman 6. The reason is that these things are not commandments we must obey but information to renew our mind. This is the reason why God demands sexual purity because we have what it takes.


No comments:

Post a Comment